Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Here Goes Nothin'! Welcome To My Blog

Like to multi-task and juggle many different projects at one time?  Lots of different interests?  This is the place for you!  :)


Hello and welcome to my blog!  I am new to this whole blogging thing, so I hope you'll bear with me.


A Fine Line Between Creativity & Chaos.  "Why that name?" you may be asking.  Well, here's my reason:


I tend to always have at least a dozen projects brewing in my brain at any given time, and at least 4 of those projects taking up real live space in my home.  For example, here are most of the projects that are currently up and running in the house I share with my wonderful fiance:  
Me with my wonderful fiance, Garrett, just after he proposed  :-D



  • Planning and preparing for my wedding on October 13, 2012  (woohoo!!!)








The Antique Silver & Silverware


              • Cleaning, polishing, inventorying, and properly storing the antique silverware from my father's family





  • Inventorying my late grandfather's coin collection  (sorry, no pictures until later)

  • A stamp collection I started several years ago
    • Don't worry, I know this one's pathetic.  It's gonna move on to a better home as soon as I figure out the best way to pass it along.  :)


  • Harpist, pianist, vocalist - instruments, music stands, and music included
My harp!
My piano!  Need to dust!        



  • Adventures (and some misadventures) in cooking

Zebra Cake 
Rainbow Cake
Gruyere Black Pepper Popovers


Wow, even after making that list and actually seeing it, I am a little appalled by the number of projects I have going.  I thought about changing the sentence above where I greatly underestimated by saying that 'at least 4' projects were taking up space.  But no, I think a big part of this whole blog process is to reveal myself and make myself a little vulnerable.  No trying to 'save face' here, at least not just yet.  (ha!)  

So here I am, coming before you:  My name is Emily, and I have an addiction to projects.  :)

So, here are some of my goals with this blog, and some of the delightful, informative information you have to look forward to if you decide to follow my blog: 

  • Share with you some of the projects I am working on or have already completed - individual steps, how-to's, progress, dilemmas I face, successes, etc.
  • Share some of my attempts (failed and not) to keep the clutter and chaos under control
  • Share the recipes I find, and some of the recipes I modify to make tasty food
  • Share useful information and tips that I find and discoveries that I make for all of the above
  • Share some of the new items I add to my Etsy shop ( I PROMISE no spam!)
  • Lots of pictures to accompany all of the above

Hope that sounds like a blog you might be interested in!!  :)  


I will try to post about a project within a week, to give you a 'real' post rather than just an introduction.  In the meantime, here are some funny/happy/silly pictures from my life to help you get to know me.
Sister, Me, Dad, Niece, Nephew, Mom
Low retaining wall that I put in the back yard at my old house.
step-by-step photos and process to follow later


My dogs (Sam, top, and Bonnie, bottom) when they were still small enough to both fit in one doghouse  :)
My sister, Jessica (right) and me
My niece, Noella (left) and my nephew, Galen  (twins!)
 
Brother-in-law and sister-in-law-to-be with their great kids

Thank you SO much for visiting A Fine Line Between Creativity and Chaos!




7 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog world! Cool post! If you need help styling your blog, feel free to contact me! :)
    Have a lovely day!


    PS: Congrats on the wedding! I'm a newlywed myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here! Congrats - sounds like my (kind of) blog) ;)

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lorena & Claudia for your well wishes and for being my first commenters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes on your upcoming wedding! Let me know if LollysCubbyHole can help! Blogging and a wedding? Lady, you DO MULTI-TASK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Becky! I'm planning to make the centerpieces and wedding favors for my wedding, so I will be blogging about that stuff and sort of killing two birds with one stone . . . sort of :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there - and welcome to the fun world of blogging! Sounds as though you're not going to lack subjects with which to fill the posts! Will be following: hope you'll return the favour at www.ColdhamCuddliescalling.blogspot.com: you'll be most welcome, together with comments and followers. Meanwhile, best wishes for the wedding plans! I'll be re-starting mine, after a spell away from base, in a couple of weeks, but will be checking in at regular intervals. Isobel

    ReplyDelete